(Please write in checkout comments your preferred language based on the sheet below)
Monday: English, German, Polish, French
Wednesday: English, German, Polish, French
Friday: English, Polish, Russian.
Saturday: English, German.
The price of this day trip and tour includes a Guided Tour, Bus Transfer, Boat trip, Free time for swimming and shopping, and BBQ lunch!
Starting from Hersonissos, Heraklion, and driving along the coast of Crete to the east, we pass through the gorge of St. George, before we reach the picturesque fishing village of Elounda, in Mirabello, one of the loveliest bays in Crete. It’s an ideal destination on Crete, for people who love beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters, and places of archaeological sites, while with its luxurious resorts, it is also a popular holiday destination for VIPs.
From Elounda, we take our boat and sail along Elounda Bay, it brings us to Spinalonga Island, known as the “island of the tears”. Spinalonga Rocky Islet has an interesting and rather heartbreaking history. Stories about love and pain, about separation and fear through time: in Ancient Crete, when it was a natural citadel of the ancient city of Olous; in the years of the Saracens Spinalonga was a pirate lair for ships sailing around Crete; in Venetian times Spinalonga was a fortress; during the Turkish occupation of Crete as their settlement; in more modern times as a leper colony, an isle for the outcasts that were struck by the most feared disease of the time and were sent away from their families and communities. However, in all this pain and suffering, the banished inhabitants of this isolated island formed a thriving community, remnants of which are admired today by thousands of people who want to experience the intriguing atmosphere of Spinalonga.
After our guided tour of Spinalonga island, we get to the small sandy bay of Kolokitha, where we have plenty of time for swimming in the crystal clear waters and tasting the Barbeque that is served on board.
After lunch, we get on the way back to Elounda, where we take the bus to the quaint town of Agios Nikolaos. This lovely place retains a traditional and serene lifestyle that hasn’t lost its charm through time. Here you can visit the Byzantine Chapel, stroll around the port and the lavish marina, do some shopping in the market, visit the two museums, or just enjoy your coffee in one of the many cafés around the famous bottomless lake.
Adult Price: 38€
Child Price (4-12 years): 19€
Children 0-4 years old travel free of charge.
Prices may vary for large groups of 8+ people. For special price quotations please contact us directly at email@example.com
- We drive through St George’s Gorge, the main north highway that connects Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos. A gorge’s road is surrounded by limestone cliffs, hills full of sheep and goats, and windmills. It will take about 40 minutes from the last pick-up to reach Agios Nikolaos. We will visit the town at the end of our excursion.
- From Agios Nikolaos, we will head to Elounda through Mirabello Bay, with its famous sceneries. Mirabello bay is the largest of the Greek islands and the fifth largest in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Elounda is a beautiful small traditional fishing village resort. Although it is a small village, it is also the location of some of the most expensive hotels and resorts in the world. Year after year Billionaires, famous athletes, and actors visit the area. You might get lucky and meet one.
- At Elounda village, we will board our boat and head to Spinalonga, a small barren island of 85 acres. It carries a long and sad history and holds a special place in the Cretan hearts. A boat trip to remember!
- Spinalonga, "the fortress", which was built by the Venetians, and was once guarding the bay of Mirabello, to stop the Ottomans from entering the port of ancient Olous. So the first thing you will see is the tall fortified walls. Spinalonga is also known for being the last leper colony of Greece and became one with human tragedy and sadness in the course of time. Today is a monument of Greek Heritage and supports its old building inside a museum. Spinalonga also is under consideration to become a World Heritage Site. Entrance to Spinalonga is optional and it is not included in the price.
- During the cruise-boat trip from Elounda to Spinalonga or on the way back you will have time to swim at one of the beaches and enjoy a delicious BBQ.
- At the end of our tour, we will arrive at Agios Nikolaos. You will have at least one hour of free time to explore the Agios Nikolaos market, do your shopping and take a walk around its port. Visit the bottomless lake of Voulismeni which is situated only a few minutes on foot from the center.
Is Spinalonga Tour and Agios Nikolaos right for you?
- Part of what makes this tour so popular is the very warm weather, so don't be surprised, Spinalonga island can be extremely hot and humid. It’s also important to note that sometimes the winds can be a problem.
- BBQ is included in the price. A choice of chicken, pork, or a vegetarian meal with a drink of either wine or juice.
- Come prepared. Athletic shoes, a pair of flip-flops, sun lotion, a hat, a beach umbrella, and plenty of water. Sunbeds can be expensive and are offered by a private company, since they are not included in the price make sure you have a good long beach towel with you.
- Buy a large plastic bottle of water and ask your hotel to position it in the freezer a day before departure. The ice will melt slowly during your trip and the water will always be cold.
- If you enjoy snorkeling or other sports, bring your equipment.
- This day trip is designed for all ages. Full of fun, flexibility, and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
Below you can read the timetable and schedule of the activity you are viewing. We make everything in our power to be always on time and avoid any long delays.
10:15: Arrival at Elounda.
10:30: Boat Trip departure to Spinalonga.
10:50: Arrival at Spinalonga island. 1 ½ hour stop and guided tour This tour takes us around the remains of this much-afflicted island and guides us through the pages of its history.
12:30: Arrival at the bay of Kolokitha. Time for a refreshing swim in the crystal clear waters of Mirabello Bay, while the crew is preparing barbeque on board.
14:30: We board the boat that takes us back to Elounda, from where we will take our bus to Agios Nikolaos
15:30: Arrival at Agios Nikolaos. Free time for shopping and Relaxation.
17:30-18:30: Approx return time back to Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia.
Different timetables apply for pickups in different areas like Heraklion, Ammoudara, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Analipsi, Anissaras, Stalida, and Malia. Our search system will provide you with the correct times. If you have difficulty finding your pickup point, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick Up and Drop off Times per Area
This a guide to get an idea of pick up and drop off times related to this activity. The correct time is always written on your ticket. Our pick-up policy is to pick up clients from their hotels or gather them at the nearest pickup point in order to reduce the number of stops. The times below can be affected by traffic or other reasons but we always try to be on time with a maximum delay of 10 minutes. The pick-up and drop-off time is approximate and delays can occur.
|AREA||PICK UP TIME||DROP OFF TIME|
Click below for more info regarding each area pick-up service:
Important Pre-Departure Information for Spinalonga Island Tour
To help you prepare for your trip, please ensure you understand the following:
Tours are often the best days of your vacation. Most of our customers look forward to this day for weeks or months! That's why it is important that you mind some basic rules to keep the day trip safe and enjoyable for you and the other guests!
Bring comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles for good grip.
Be at the pickup point at least 10 minutes earlier. Check your ticket for the correct time.
Don’t bring too much money. Credit/Debit cards are accepted almost everywhere.
A hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and a swimsuit are required in most cases.
Water, lip balm, insect repellent, and anti-bacterial hand wipes/hand sanitizer are sometimes essential.
Leave your valuables at your hotel.
Bring your personal medication and prescriptions.
You must always carry a copy of your passport with you. Although not required it's always a good idea.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The boat trip and tour to Spinalonga Island are subject to Crete's weather conditions. If the boat trip to Spinalonga Island is canceled due to bad weather conditions you will be refunded the price of the ticket or you will be given the option of an alternative tour date, or choose one of our other tours in Crete.
The boat's departure and arrival times, as well as the excursion schedule, might be altered due to weather conditions or traffic at ports
The following list contains everything that is included in the activity you are viewing. Services and products included here are included in the price and no extra charge will occur.
With regards to food and drinks, we always try to have sufficient shares for each client but not unlimited.
Services and Products Included
-Hotel pick up & drop off by area: Heraklion, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gournes, Gouves, Hersonissos, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Piskopiano, Stalis,
-Transportation by modern air-conditioned buses
-Professional tour guide (live)
-BBQ lunch is included in the price. A choice of chicken, pork, or a vegetarian meal with one drink of either wine or juice.
-Boat trip tickets to the island of Spinalonga.
-Free time for swimming.
-Printed or mobile tour vouchers accepted
-Easy cancellation (Cancel up to 24 hours prior to departure time and receive a full refund)
Everything that is not mentioned in the Included section is excluded. we have tried our best and we have succeeded in avoiding any hidden costs for our customers. In the event that any hidden costs appear through one of our suppliers please contact us and we will solve the matter with no discussion.
Services and Products Excluded from this Activity and payable if occur by the client
1. Entrance Tickets to Archaeological Sites or Places of Interest. The entrance to Spinalonga Island is 8€. It's free for children under 8 years old (for EU citizens it is free up to 21 years old ).
2. All meals & drinks, unless mentioned otherwise in the tour description or the included section above.
3. Accommodation for tours and activities longer than 1 day.
4. Any other destination not mentioned in the itinerary.
5. Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
IMPORTANT: During the booking process you will be requested to add your hotel and its address. We understand that the names of hotels change every year and that many hotels don't even have an address. In such a case you can do the following:
1. Choose "Other" at Hotel
2. Write "Unknown" at the Address
This way the system will allow you to proceed with your payment.
In order to make your booking experience easier and more secure, we write below, our very simple way of booking your favorite Cretan tour, excursion, day trip, or cruise.
Step 1: Choose Your Tour
Once you decide which Crete tour you wish to book online, you will have to check the availability of each tour. You only have to click on the “Date” box and there you can choose the date or day that is more comfortable for you. The Dates/days are highlighted. Prices are per adult.
After choosing your date of departure you add the number of adults and children. Please note the following:
Adults: 12+ years old
Children: 4-12 years old
Infants(free): 0-4 years old
You don't need to enter the infant numbers. Infants do not get a seat. The guardian is responsible for providing protection during the tour.
Once you add the persons you press the ‘Search” button.
Step 2: Add to Cart
You press the “Add to Cart” button. The tour is now available in your purchase cart. You may book the same way two, three, or more tours.
Step 3: Visit the Cart
The cart is situated in the top right corner. Press on the “Cart” image. This will provide you with a list of the tours you have chosen. Check the total price, the number of persons, the name of the tour, and the date. If you wish, you may erase the tour by clicking the “X”(delete) button and restarting the procedure. When you are ready you press the “Checkout” button.
Step 4: Checkout
Here you will need to fill out the form with your details and press “Continue”. The personal information that we collect from you is stored by us, on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonable security measures. We will neither sell nor release your registration, personal, and usage data to outside organizations.
If you cannot locate your hotel name, please email us the name of your hotel and we will add it to our list. The hotel list includes the following areas of Crete: Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Malia, Gournes, and Kokkini Hani.
Step 5: Payment
After pressing the “Continue to Payment” button you will be redirected to a secured Eurobank e-commerce environment. Here you fill in your card details. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation of your payment and the tours you have purchased. Within 24 hours you will receive a boarding voucher/ticket for each tour in Crete you have purchased with all the details, including the exact pickup point with "Google map location" and time-based on your hotel selection.
In case you wish to know more about the Spinalonga Island Tour and Boat Trip, please feel free to communicate with us before booking online. Our travel consultants will try their best to provide you with the correct answers to your questions. Send all Inquiries to email@example.com
If after receiving your voucher/ticket, you still have questions, or you wish to cancel or alter the date please call us at +30 2897021106 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently in Crete our travel shop is located in Hersonissos. Feel free to pass by one of them and get the answers to your questions and even more.
Serapis Travel Services
141 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
Google Map Location: Click on this-link