Our bus tour takes us from Hersonissos, to the other side of Crete, to Elafonisi beach, to an earthly paradise, in one of the most fascinating and unexpected places on the island of Crete. Here, at the beach of Elafonisi, is where we spend the whole day, in a faraway blue lagoon. A beach of exceptional natural beauty, the lagoon is something between an island and a peninsula, as it is accessible only through the lagoon that connects Elafonisi to the mainland of Crete. You can walk this distance easily since the waters are very shallow.
The pink beach is a true heaven of exceptional beauty with intense colors: White sand, which in places becomes pink due to the thousands of broken seashells, crystal clear blue-green waters, little sand islets formed around, are only some of its distinctive features that make this place unique. The beaches are perfect for everyone, especially for children as they are shallow several meters from the shore. Elafonisi lagoon is included in the protected areas of Natura, as it is the place where the Caretta-Caretta turtles are used to laying their eggs.
The legend has it that if you climb up to pay your respects, you have to look for a golden step, which is seen only by a true believer.
Adult Price: 40€
Child Price (4-12 years): 20€
Children 0-4 years old travel free of charge
Prices may vary for large groups of 8+ people. For special price quotations please contact us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy a bus excursion, driving through beautiful scenic routes, to the southwest coast of Crete Island.
- The main attraction of Elafonisi (Deer Island) is the beautiful sandy beaches with pink coral sand and the crystal clear light blue-green waters of the Cretan sea and the lagoon. Exotic beaches with white and pink sand and clear waters are formed on either side of the peninsula.
- Walk to this magical island! The water might reach your knee and head to the island. There are many small beaches on the Southside. The water is generally quite shallow with a good temperature and safe for small children.
- At the western end of the island, there is a small lighthouse and a small chapel.
- The Pink beach. The color is produced by a large amount of pink and red seashells.
- Observe the wildlife and flowers. Elafonisi is a protected area (Natura 2000) site.
- Part of what makes this tour so popular is the very warm weather, so don't be surprised that Elafonisi can be extremely hot and humid.
- You will have plenty of free time on the lagoon to go swimming, snorkeling, hiking, and exploring.
- Come prepared. Athletic shoes, a pair of flip-flops, sun lotion, a hat, a beach umbrella, plenty of water, and some dry food. Sunbeds can be expensive and are offered by a private company, since they are not included in the price make sure you have a good long beach towel with you.
- Purchase a large plastic bottle of water and ask your hotel to position it in the freezer a day before departure. The ice will melt slowly during your trip and the water will always be cold.
- Bring with you some plasters, or bite cream. It's a wild nature island, full of bushes and rocks.
- If you enjoy snorkeling or other sports, bring your equipment.
- This day trip is designed for all ages. Full of fun, flexibility, and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace. Children are most welcome. And trust us they will enjoy it.
05:50: Bus Departure from Hersonissos
Stop at: Skaleta - 15 min time for coffee
Stop at: Elafonisi Pink beach
We spend all day on this exotic beach, swimming, sunbathing, relaxing, and enjoying this piece of paradise. ( 5 hours stop)
Stop at: Skaleta – 15 min stop
21:00: Aprx return time back to Hersonissos
-Hotel pick up & drop off by the areas of: Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Piskopiano, Stalis, Ammoudara, Lygaria, Agia Pelagia, Fodele
-Transportation by modern air-conditioned buses
-Professional tour guide (live)
-Printed or mobile tour voucher accepted
-Easy cancellation (Cancel up to 24 hours prior departure time and receive a full refund)
(payable the day of your tour)
-Sunbeds and umbrellas at the beach
-food and drinks
-The tour is subjected to weather conditions. If the tour is canceled due to Crete's bad weather you will be fully refunded or you will be given the option of an alternative date.
-walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and a swimsuit are required.
-Children must be accompanied by an adult.
-You are kindly requested to proceed at the meeting points 10 minutes prior to bus departure time.
-Due to covid protocols you are kindly requested to wear face masks during your stay in buses or boats all around Crete.
In order to make your booking experience easier and more secure we write below, our very simple way of booking your favorite Cretan tour, excursion, trip, or cruise.
Step 1: Choose Your Tour
Once you decide which Crete tour you wish to book online, you will have to check the availability of each tour. You only have to click on the “Date” box and there you can choose the date or day that is more comfortable for you. The Dates/days are highlighted. Prices are per adult. Children enjoy a 50% discount.
After choosing your date of departure you add the number of adults and children. Please note the following:
Adults: 13+ years old
Children: 4-12 years old
Infants(free): 0-4 years old
You don't need to enter the infant numbers. Infants do not get a seat. The guardian is responsible for providing protection during the tour.
Once you add the persons you press the ‘Search” button.
Step 2: Add to Cart
You press the “Add to Cart” button. The tour is now available in your purchase cart. You may book the same way two, three, or more tours.
Step 3: Visit Cart
The cart is situated in the top right corner. Press on the “Cart” image. This will provide you with a list of the tours you have chosen. Check the total price, the number of persons, the name of the tour and the date. If you wish you may erase the tour by clicking the “X”(delete) button and restart the procedure. When you are ready you press the “Checkout” button.
Step 4: Checkout
Here you will need to fill the form with your details and press “Continue”. The personal information that we collect from you is stored by us, on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonable security measures. We will neither sell nor release your registration, personal, and usage data to outside organizations.
If you cannot locate your hotel name, please email us the name of your hotel and we will add it to our list. The hotel list includes the following areas of Crete: Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Malia, Gournes, and Kokkini Hani.
Step 5: Payment
After pressing the “Continue to Payment” button you will be redirected to a secured Eurobank e-Commerce environment. Here you fill in your card details. Once your payment is made you will receive a confirmation with your payment and the tours you have purchased. Within 24 hours you will receive a boarding voucher/ticket for each tour in Crete you have purchased with all the details including the exact pickup point with "Google map location" and time based on your hotel selection.
In case you wish to know more about Elafonisi Beach Tour, please feel free to communicate with us before booking online. Our travel consultants will try their best to provide you with the correct answers to your questions. Send all Inquiries to email@example.com
If after receiving your voucher/ticket, you still have questions, or you wish to cancel or alter the date please call us at +30 2897021106 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently in Crete our two travel shops are located in Hersonissos. Feel free to pass by one of them and get the answers to your questions and even more.
34 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
Google Map Location: Click on this-link
2. Serapis Travel Services
141 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
Google Map Location: Click on this-link