Cretans express their feelings, not only in words, but also through music, singing, and dancing. So, let yourself be drawn into the Cretan joy of living and join us in the traditional village of Kato Karouzana which is located at the heart of Crete, for a Cretan night show that is bound to be unforgettable.
Upon arriving in the traditional village of Karouzana, you have the time to explore it, walk through its narrow alleys, smell the beautiful aromas of the night flowers and the jasmine, that are all over the place and receive the traditional Cretan hospitality –and the treats- of the locals.
Later on, you are invited to a feast that celebrates tradition and the rich produce of the Cretan soil. Taste the delicious dishes of Crete with the cheese, the rusk, the virgin olive oil, the meat, the honey, the fresh vegetables and sip the home-made Cretan wine and raki, while listening to the sounds of the lyre and lute, watching the precise steps of the dancers, the acrobatic movements of the men, the colorful Cretan costumes of the women and the austere national dress of the men. Book now this Cretan folklore night show, and feel welcome to try the steps of the Cretan and Greek dances yourself!
Adult Price: 32€
Child Price (4-12 years): 16€
Children 0-4 years old travel free of charge
Prices may vary for large groups of 8+ people. For special price quotations please contact us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
FULLY LICENCED GREEK TRAVEL AGENCY
Things to Do and Things to See
- Museum with objects of old times Crete. Display of old traditional tools and utensils from the everyday life of the old Cretans.
- Traditional sheepfold and cheese making. See the way, in which old Cretans used to milk their sheep and goats and how cheese was made.
- Typical old-style local coffee house. See how it's made and taste the Greek coffee in all its greatness.
- Traditional weaving in the weaving mill. Guests will participate in the making.
- Traditional horse and donkey saddle making. From the last left saddle maker in Crete.
- Souvenir Shop of popular items to remember your Greek holidays and your night there.
- Authentic baking way of village pie. See how it's made and get a taste of it.
- Wine tasting. Taste many different wines and get information about the best wines in the area. Free wine and water all night long. Children receive soft drinks or juice.
- Traditional raki distillery. Making and tasting.
- Authentic Cretan mountain herbs.
- Pottery. Mini factory and demonstration of how pottery was made.
- Hagiography. Display of the most famous Byzantine hagiographies.
- A big tasty buffet. Filled with Greek and Cretan traditional food.
- One of the best dancing and music shows on the island with Cretan and Greek music.
Is Cretan Night Show right for you?
- If you really want to have a fun night out. This excursion is for you regardless of your age.
- You will have a great time, dance, sing and who knows you might be the star of the show.
- Dress well, because everybody else will look just fabulous. Take with you a light jacket or a sweater because sometimes at night it can be a little bit chilly. Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
18:00-19:15: Bus departure from Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia.
Stop at: the traditional village of Karouzana – 20 min free time to stroll around. Wine and raki tasting on our way to where the Cretan Show takes place.
The fiesta lasts for about 3 hours, and you can witness the local culture, with lots of local specialties served on a buffet, free wine all night, dancing, and singing
23:00-24:00: Approx return time back to Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia.
Different time tables apply for pickups in different areas like Heraklion, Ammoudara, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Analipsi, Anissaras, Stalida and Malia. Our search system will provide you with the correct times. If you have difficulty in finding your pickup point, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Hotel pick up & drop off by the areas of: Heraklion, Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Piskopiano, Stalis,
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned buses
- Professional live tour guide
- wine and Raki tasting
- Insurance cover
- Cretan folklore show
- Dinner (buffet)
- Wine unlimited
- 2 refreshments for children
Beers, refreshments or other alcohol.
IMPORTANT: During the booking process you will be requested to add your hotel and its address. We understand that names of hotels change every year and that many hotels don't even have an address. In such a case you can do the following:
1. Choose "Other" at Hotel
2. Write "Unknown" at the Address
This way the system will allow you to proceed with your payment.
-CRETAN NIGHT VILLAGE MENU
Salads: tomato, cucumber, onion, pepper, cabbage/carrot, feta cheese, olives, tzatziki, potato salad.
Vegetarians: cheese pie, spinach pie, briam, moussaka, rice with mixed vegetables, spaghetti with tomato sauce, potatoes in the oven.
Meat lovers: fried pork, lamb, chicken in the oven, meatballs in red sauce (smyrneika)
SERVED ON THE TABLE
Season, fruits, handmade donuts (loukoumades) with honey, wine, white or red, water, 2 refreshments for children
Note: food and wine is unlimited
- the above menu might be partially varied, due to seasonally available food materials
- The show is outdoors, so it is subjected to weather conditions. In case of bad weather conditions, the show will take place indoors
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You are kindly requested to proceed at the meeting points 10 minutes prior to departure time
-Due to covid protocols you are kindly requested to wear face masks during your stay in buses or walking around the Cretan Village.
How to book Cretan Night Show
In order to make your booking experience easier and more secure, we write below, our very simple way of booking your favorite Cretan tour, excursion, trip, or a cruise.
Step 1: Choose Your Tour
Once you decide which Crete tour you wish to book online, you will have to check the availability of each tour. You only have to click on the “Date” box and there you can choose the date or day that is more comfortable for you. The Dates/days are highlighted. Prices are per adult. Children enjoy a 50% discount.
After choosing your date of departure you add the number of adults and children. Please note the following:
Adults: 13+ years old
Children: 4-12 years old
Infants (free): 0-4 years old
You don't need to enter the infant numbers. Infants do not get a seat. The guardian is responsible for providing protection during the tour.
Once you add the persons you press the ‘Search” button.
Step 2: Add to Cart
You press the “Add to Cart” button. The tour is now available in your purchase cart. You may book the same way two, three, or more tours.
Step 3: Visit Cart
The cart is situated in the top right corner. Press on the “Cart” image. This will provide you with a list of the tours you have chosen. Check the total price, the number of persons, the name of the tour and the date. If you wish, you may erase the tour by clicking the “X”(delete) button and restarting the procedure. When you are ready you press the “Checkout” button.
Step 4: Checkout
Here you will need to fill the form with your details and press “Continue”. The personal information that we collect from you is stored by us, on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonable security measures. We will neither sell nor release your registration, personal, and usage data to outside organizations.
If you cannot locate your hotel name, please email us the name of your hotel and we will add it to our list. The hotel list includes the following areas of Crete: Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Malia, Gournes, and Kokkini Hani.
Step 5: Payment
After pressing the “Continue to Payment” button you will be redirected to a secured Eurobank e-commerce environment. Here you fill in your card details. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation with your payment and the tours you have purchased. Within 24 hours you will receive a boarding voucher/ticket for each tour in Crete you have purchased with all the details, including the exact pickup point with "Google map location" and time based on your hotel selection.
In case you wish to know more about Cretan Night Show, please feel free to communicate with us before booking online. Our travel consultants will try their best to provide you with the correct answers to your questions. Send all Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
If after receiving your voucher/ticket, you still have questions, or you wish to cancel or alter the date please call us at +30 2897021106 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are currently in Crete our two travel shops are located in Hersonissos. Feel free to pass by one of them and get the answers to your questions and even more.
34 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
2. Serapis Travel Services
141 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete