Our day trip starts in the lovely city of Ierapetra, on the southern coast of the island. Here we board the boat that takes us to the isolated island of Chrissi. On the way, we might encounter yellow-legged gulls flying above us and playful dolphins playing in the deep blue sea. After a while, we arrive at the “Island”, as the locals call it.
From the moment you come to Chrissi Island, you get mesmerized by the tropical landscape, the very old cedar trees, the golden sand, and the turquoise waters. The exotic images and the rhythms of nature give you a newly discovered sense of freedom.
Chrissi lies on the most southern end of Crete, a secluded island that is visited by thousands of people every summer. Its unique ecosystem is under the protection of the Natura 2000 Networking Program, as it has been designated as an “area of intense natural beauty”. This tiny island offers everything a beach lover could ask for. Stunningly covered with a lot of cedar trees, with endless beaches, shallow crystal blue waters, fine pinkish sand, and thousands of shell fossils, it is the best place to find your inner castaway and escape modern life. The small church of Agios Nicolaos, the ancient salt marsh, and the Roman carved tombs are ideal for those who like to explore.
So, if you wish to take a stroll in the woods, enjoy a refreshing swim in crystal clear tropical-like waters and relax in earthly heaven for the whole day, then come to Chrissi Island with us!
Adult Price: 46€
Child Price (4-12 years): 26€
Children 0-4 years old travel free of charge
Prices may vary for large groups of 8+ people. For special price quotations please contact us direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
FULLY LICENCED GREEK TRAVEL AGENCY
- The landscapes and nature during the bus trip on the way to the city of Ierapetra.
- The city of Ierapetra and its port.
- A beautiful cruise on your way to the island of Chrissi and back.
- Chrissi is situated 15,5 km of the city of Ierapetra on the South coast.
- Chrissi island or "Golden" or "Donkey" or "Pirate" island is a hidden paradise with white and golden sand beaches, 300 years old cedar trees, and absolute crystal clear blue waters which are perfect for snorkeling.
- This uninhabited islet covers an area of 4,7 square kilometers (7km in length and 2km wide). Chrissi Island is a protected nature reserve covered by the European initiative: Natura 2000. It is an important ecosystem. There you might see snakes (non-poisonous), lizards, rabbits, sea turtles, and if you are lucky dolphins.
- Avoid the Northside of the island, although it is more beautiful it is the windy side of the island. Go to the Southside, the wind and waters are calm and you can enjoy your day with no problems.
- Vougiou Mati Beach (rocky) - South. Here you can find a tavern, a nice calm bay, and caves to explore.
- Belegrina beach (crowded) - North. Sunbeds with a price, beach bar, the sand is pink and full of shells. This beach is very close to your arrival and departure point.
- Hatzivolakas Beach (quiet and rocky) - West. Provides a good cedar tree shade from the sun, calm and clear waters, a lighthouse, and the chapel of Saint Nikolas.
- Kataprosopo Beach(quiet) - East. Perfect for snorkeling. You can walk from there to the hill of Kefala which is the highest point on the island and enjoy the view from there.
- Kendra Beach (wild-very rocky) - West. Good for hiking.
- Part of what makes this tour so popular is the very warm weather, so don't be surprised that Chrissi can be extremely hot and humid. It’s also important to note that sometimes the winds can be a problem.
- You have plenty of free time on the island to go swimming, snorkeling, hiking, and exploring.
- Come prepared. Athletic shoes, a pair of flip-flops, sun lotion, a hat, a beach umbrella, and plenty of water. Sunbeds can be expensive and are offered by a private company, since they are not included in the price make sure you have a good long beach towel with you.
- Buy a large plastic bottle of water and ask your hotel to position it in the freezer a day before departure. The ice will melt slowly during your trip and the water will always be cold.
- Bring with you some plasters, or bite cream. It's a wild nature island, full of bushes and rocks.
- If you enjoy snorkeling or other sports, bring your equipment.
- This day trip is designed for all ages. Full of fun, flexibility, and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
07:30-09:00: Departure from Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia.
10:00: Arrival in Ierapetra – boarding time
11:00: Boat departure (55 min boat trip)
11:55: Arrival in Chrissi (4 hours & 30 min stop). You can start enjoying this piece of paradise by swimming, sunbathing, exploring, or just relaxing on the exquisite beaches.
16:30: We board the boat that takes us back to Ierapetra.
17:40: Departure from Ierapetra to Hersonissos.
19:00-20:00: Approx return time back to Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia.
Different time tables apply for pickups in different areas like Heraklion, Ammoudara, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Analipsi, Anissaras, Stalida and Malia. Our search system will provide you with the correct times. If you have difficulty in finding your pickup point, please contact us at email@example.com.
-Hotel pick up & drop off by the areas of: Heraklion, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gournes, Gouves, Heraklion, Hersonissos, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Piskopiano, Stalis
-Transportation by modern air-conditioned buses
-Professional tour guide (live)
-Boat tickets R/T
-Printed or mobile voucher accepted
-Easy cancellation (Cancel up to 24 hours prior to departure time and receive a full refund)
(payable on the day of your trip)
-1€ municipal tax
-Sunbeds and umbrellas on the beaches of Chrissi Island
IMPORTANT: During the booking process you will be requested to add your hotel and its address. We understand that names of hotels change every year and that many hotels don't even have an address. In such a case you can do the following:
1. Choose "Other" at Hotel
2. Write "Unknown" at the Address
This way the system will allow you to proceed with your payment.
-The boat trip to the island of Chrissi is subjected to Crete's weather conditions. If the boat trip to Chrissi is canceled due to bad weather conditions you will be refunded the price of the ticket or you will be given the option of an alternative tour date, or choose one of our other tours in Crete.
-Boat's departure and arrival times, as well as the excursion schedule, might be altered due to weather conditions or traffic at ports.
-Comfortable shoes, a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and a swimsuit is required for the Chrissi tour.
-Children must be accompanied by an adult.
-You are kindly requested to proceed at the meeting points 10 minutes prior to departure time.
-Due to covid protocols you are kindly requested to wear face masks during your stay in buses or boats all around Crete.
To make your booking experience easier and more secure, we write below, our very simple way of booking your favorite Cretan tour, excursion, trip, or a cruise.
Step 1: Choose Your Tour
Once you decide which Crete tour you wish to book online, you will have to check the availability of each tour. You only have to click on the “Date” box and there you can choose the date or day that is more comfortable for you. The Dates/days are highlighted. Prices are per adult. Children enjoy a 50% discount.
After choosing your date of departure you add the number of adults and children. Please note the following:
Adults: 13+ years old
Children: 4-12 years old
Infants(free):0-4 years old
You don't need to enter the infant numbers. Infants do not get a seat. The guardian is responsible for providing protection during the tour.
Once you add the persons you press the ‘Search” button.
Step 2: Add to Cart
You press the “Add to Cart” button. The tour is now available in your purchase cart. You may book the same way two, three, or more tours.
Step 3: Visit Cart
The cart is situated in the top right corner. Press on the “Cart” image. This will provide you with a list of the tours you have chosen. Check the total price, the number of persons, the name of the tour and the date. If you wish, you may erase the tour by clicking the “X”(delete) button and restarting the procedure. When you are ready you press the “Checkout” button.
Step 4: Checkout
Here you will need to fill the form with your details and press “Continue”. The personal information that we collect from you is stored by us, on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonable security measures. We will neither sell nor release your registration, personal, and usage data to outside organizations.
If you cannot locate your hotel name, please email us the name of your hotel and we will add it to our list. The hotel list includes the following areas of Crete: Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Malia, Gournes, and Kokkini Hani.
Step 5: Payment
After pressing the “Continue to Payment” button you will be redirected to a secured Eurobank e-commerce environment. Here you fill in your card details. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation with your payment and the tours you have purchased. Within 24 hours you will receive a boarding voucher/ticket for each tour in Crete you have purchased with all the details, including the exact pickup point with "Google map location" and time based on your hotel selection.
In case you wish to know more about the Chrissi Island tour, please feel free to communicate with us before booking online. Our travel consultants will try their best to provide you with the correct answers to your questions. Send all Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
If after receiving your voucher/ticket, you still have questions, or you wish to cancel or alter the date please call us at +30 2897021106 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are currently in Crete our two travel shops are located in Hersonissos. Feel free to pass by one of them and get the answers to your questions and even more.
1. Serapis Travel Services
141 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
Click on this-link Google Map Location
34 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
Click on this-link Google Map Location
or departure time