Our day trip starts in the lovely city of Ierapetra, on the southern coast of the island. Here we board the boat that takes us to the isolated island of Chrissi. On the way, we might encounter yellow-legged gulls flying above us and playful dolphins playing in the deep blue sea. After a while, we arrive at the “Island”, as the locals call it.
From the moment you come to Chrissi Island, you get mesmerized by the tropical landscape, the very old cedar trees, the golden sand, and the turquoise waters. The exotic images and the rhythms of nature give you a newly discovered sense of freedom.
Chrissi island lies on the southern end of Crete, a secluded island that is visited by thousands of people every summer. Its unique ecosystem is under the protection of the Natura 2000 Networking Program, as it has been designated as an “area of intense natural beauty”. This tiny island offers everything a beach lover could ask for. Stunningly covered with a lot of cedar trees, with endless beaches, shallow crystal blue waters, fine pinkish sand, and thousands of shell fossils, it is the best place to find your inner castaway and escape modern life. The small church of Agios Nicolaos, the ancient salt marsh, and the Roman-carved tombs are ideal for those who like to explore.
So, if you wish to take a stroll in the woods, enjoy a refreshing swim in crystal clear tropical-like waters and relax in earthly heaven for the whole day, then come to Chrissi Island with us!
Adult Price: 56€
Child Price (4-12 years): 28€
Children 0-4 years old travel free of charge
Prices may vary for large groups of 8+ people. For special price quotations please contact us direct at email@example.com.
For the time being the Greek government does not allow any ships to come close to the island and leave passengers. The island has entered the Natura program and the Chrissi island Tour is now a Chrissi island Cruise around the island with a stop for swimming. We are expecting this to change in the next weeks. Before booking this tour please ask us what is the current situation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The landscapes and nature during the bus trip on the way to the city of Ierapetra.
- The city of Ierapetra and its port.
- A beautiful cruise on your way to the island of Chrissi and back.
- Chrissi is situated 15,5 km from the city of Ierapetra on the South coast.
- Chrissi island or "Golden" or "Donkey" or "Pirate" island is a hidden paradise with white and golden sand beaches, 300 years old cedar trees, and absolutely crystal clear blue waters which are perfect for snorkeling.
- This uninhabited islet covers an area of 4,7 square kilometers (7km in length and 2km wide). Chrissi Island is a protected nature reserve covered by the European initiative: Natura 2000. It is an important ecosystem. There you might see snakes (non-poisonous), lizards, rabbits, sea turtles, and if you are lucky dolphins.
- Avoid the Northside of the island, although it is more beautiful it is the windy side of the island. Go to the Southside, the wind and waters are calm and you can enjoy your day with no problems.
- Vougiou Mati Beach (rocky) - South. Here you can find a tavern, a nice calm bay, and caves to explore.
- Belegrina beach (crowded) - North. Sunbeds with a price, beach bar. The sand is pink and full of shells. This beach is very close to your arrival and departure point.
- Hatzivolakas Beach (quiet and rocky) - West. Provides a good cedar tree shade from the sun, calm and clear waters, a lighthouse, and the chapel of Saint Nikolas.
- Kataprosopo Beach(quiet) - East. Perfect for snorkeling. You can walk from there to the hill of Kefala which is the highest point on the island and enjoy the view from there.
- Kendra Beach (wild-very rocky) - West. Good for hiking.
- Part of what makes this tour so popular is the very warm weather, so don't be surprised that Chrissi can be extremely hot and humid. It’s also important to note that sometimes the winds can be a problem.
- You have plenty of free time on the island to go swimming, snorkeling, hiking, and exploring.
- Come prepared. Athletic shoes, a pair of flip-flops, sun lotion, a hat, a beach umbrella, and plenty of water. Sunbeds can be expensive and are offered by a private company, since they are not included in the price make sure you have a good long beach towel with you.
- Buy a large plastic bottle of water and ask your hotel to position it in the freezer a day before departure. The ice will melt slowly during your trip and the water will always be cold.
- Bring with you some plasters, or bite cream. It's a wild nature island, full of bushes and rocks.
- If you enjoy snorkeling or other sports, bring your equipment.
- This day trip is designed for all ages. Full of fun, flexibility, and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
Below you can read the timetable and schedule of the activity you are viewing. We make everything in our power to be always on time and avoid any long delays.
07:30-09:00: Departure from Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia for Chrissi Tour.
Pass by: Ierapetra. From here we take our boat to the Island of Chrissi (55 min boat trip)
Stop at: Chrissi Island. You can start enjoying this piece of paradise by swimming, sunbathing, exploring, or just relaxing on the exquisite waters.
After 4 hours of fun, we sail back to the port of Ierapetra.
Pass by: Ierapetra port. We take our bus for the return journey
18:30-20:00: Approx return time back to Ammoudara/Heraklion/Gouves/Analipsi/Anissaras/Hersonissos/Stalida/Malia.
Different timetables apply for pickups in different areas like Heraklion, Ammoudara, Kokkini Hani, Gouves, Analipsi, Anissaras, Stalida, and Malia. Our search system will provide you with the correct times. If you have difficulty finding your pickup point, please contact us at email@example.com.
Click below for more info regarding each area pick-up service:
Important Pre-Departure Information for Chrissi Island Cruise with Lunch
To help you prepare for your trip, please ensure you understand the following:
Tours are often the best days of your vacation. Most of our customers look forward to this day for weeks or months! That's why it is important that you mind some basic rules to keep the day trip safe and enjoyable for you and the other guests!
Bring comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles for good grip.
Be at the pickup point at least 10 minutes earlier. Check your ticket for the correct time.
Don’t bring too much money. Credit/Debit cards are accepted almost everywhere.
Limit your luggage. Too much weight is always a problem.
A hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and a swimsuit are required in most cases.
Water, lip balm, insect repellent, and anti-bacterial hand wipes/hand sanitizer are sometimes essential.
Leave your valuables at your hotel.
Bring your personal medication and prescriptions.
You must always carry a copy of your passport with you. Although not required it's always a good idea.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The boat trip to the island of Chrissi is subjected to Crete's weather conditions. If the boat trip to Chrissi is canceled due to bad weather conditions you will be refunded the price of the ticket or you will be given the option of an alternative tour date, or choose one of our other tours in Crete.
The boat's departure and arrival times, as well as the excursion schedule, might be altered due to weather conditions or traffic at ports.
Don't get reckless on the bus. You don't want your day to end early, do you? Misbehavior on the bus can get you into trouble and ruin your day. You could end up sitting on the bus while the others enjoy the destination.
Don't wander off. Listen carefully when the tour guide gives instructions about sticking with the group or sticking with an assigned partner even when going to the restroom. Don't ever wander off on your own, or your trip could end badly. If you break this rule, you could end up missing the timeline!
Respect the Tour Guides and Bus Drivers. You should respect any Tour Guides and Bus Drivers and listen to them as you would your own teacher or parents. They have a big responsibility, watching after so many customers at one time. They can't afford to give too much attention to one "squeaky wheel," so they will probably be intolerant to distractions. Don't be disruptive.
Respect nature. Some day trips will take you into contact with animals or plants. For your own safety, be mindful of potential dangers, and don't assume you can tug, pull, tease, or touch things safely.
Keep an eye on the clock. If you are supposed to meet your group for lunch or for loading onto the bus, you should keep an eye on the time. You don't want to miss lunch, and you surely don't want to be left behind.
The following list contains everything that is included in the activity you are viewing. Services and products included here are included in the price and no extra charge will occur.
With regards to food and drinks, we always try to have sufficient shares for each client but not unlimited.
Services and Products Included
-Hotel pick up & drop off by area: Heraklion, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gournes, Gouves, Hersonissos, Kokkini Hani, Koutouloufari, Malia, Piskopiano, Stalis,
-Transportation by modern air-conditioned buses
-Professional tour guide (live) on the bus.
-Printed or mobile tour vouchers accepted
-Boat Tickets and Lunch basket included together with a small bottle of water.
-Easy cancellation (Cancel up to 24 hours prior to departure time and receive a full refund)
Everything that is not mentioned in the Included section is excluded. we have tried our best and we have succeeded in avoiding any hidden costs for our customers. In the event that any hidden costs appear through one of our suppliers please contact us and we will solve the matter with no discussion.
Services and Products Excluded from this Activity and payable if occur by the client
1. Entrance Tickets to Archaeological Sites or Places of Interest.
2. All meals & drinks, unless mentioned otherwise in the tour description or the included section above.
3. Accommodation for tours and activities longer than 1 day.
4. Personal expenses as a result of misconduct or miss understandings.
5. Any other destination not mentioned in the itinerary.
6. Any services or activity charges other than those included in inclusions.
7. Sunbeds and umbrellas.
IMPORTANT: During the booking process you will be requested to add your hotel and its address. We understand that the names of hotels change every year and that many hotels don't even have an address. In such a case you can do the following:
1. Choose "Other" at Hotel
2. Write "Unknown" at the Address
This way the system will allow you to proceed with your payment.
To make your booking experience easier and more secure, we write below, our very simple way of booking your favorite Cretan tour, excursion, day trip, or cruise.
Step 1: Choose Your Tour
Once you decide which Crete tour you wish to book online, you will have to check the availability of each tour. You only have to click on the “Date” box and there you can choose the date or day that is more comfortable for you. The Dates/days are highlighted. Prices are per adult. Children enjoy a 50% discount.
After choosing your date of departure you add the number of adults and children. Please note the following:
Adults: 13+ years old
Children: 4-12 years old
Infants(free): 0-4 years old
You don't need to enter the infant numbers. Infants do not get a seat. The guardian is responsible for providing protection during the tour.
Once you add the persons you press the ‘Search” button.
Step 2: Add to Cart
You press the “Add to Cart” button. The tour is now available in your purchase cart. You may book the same way two, three, or more tours.
Step 3: Visit the Cart
The cart is situated in the top right corner. Press on the “Cart” image. This will provide you with a list of the tours you have chosen. Check the total price, the number of persons, the name of the tour, and the date. If you wish, you may erase the tour by clicking the “X”(delete) button and restarting the procedure. When you are ready you press the “Checkout” button.
Step 4: Checkout
Here you will need to fill out the form with your details and press “Continue”. The personal information that we collect from you is stored by us, on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology, and other reasonable security measures. We will neither sell nor release your registration, personal, and usage data to outside organizations.
If you cannot locate your hotel name, please email us the name of your hotel and we will add it to our list. The hotel list includes the following areas of Crete: Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Malia, Gournes, and Kokkini Hani.
Step 5: Payment
After pressing the “Continue to Payment” button you will be redirected to a secured Eurobank e-commerce environment. Here you fill in your card details. Once your payment is made, you will receive a confirmation of your payment and the tours you have purchased. Within 24 hours you will receive a boarding voucher/ticket for each tour in Crete you have purchased with all the details, including the exact pickup point with "Google map location" and time-based on your hotel selection.
In case you wish to know more about the Chrissi Island Golden Beach Cruise with Lunch, please feel free to communicate with us before booking online. Our travel consultants will try their best to provide you with the correct answers to your questions. Send all Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
If after receiving your voucher/ticket, you still have questions, or you wish to cancel or alter the date please call us at +30 2897021106 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are currently in Crete our travel shop is located in Hersonissos. Feel free to pass by one of them and get the answers to your questions and even more.
Serapis Travel Services
141 El. Venizelou Ave (main road)
70014, Hersonissos, Crete
Click on this-link Google Map Location